You’re cordially invited to…a sneak peek into “The Furniture Capital of the World!”
“I love attending the High Point Market each year because it’s a hotspot for discovering new trends and pieces that I can welcome into our Cantoni stores. It’s a truly exciting and rewarding experience to have that opportunity to bring great design into our markets. The short yet sweet getaway to feast my eyes on North Carolina’s beautiful landscape and breathe in the fresh, crisp air is just an added bonus.” – Gayla Dycus
Motown is the auto industry, LA is entertainment, and High Point, North Carolina is…home furnishings. That’s right, the International Home Furnishings Market in High Point running from April 5-10 is upon us and we can’t wait to get the inside look from Cantoni‘s Buyers Crystal Torcoletti and Gayla Dycus.
With so many new trends in patterns, textures, and colors emerging, we’re dying to hear what we can expect to see in High Point as well as what Crystal and Gayla are personally looking forward to seeing:
- Color trends in accessories: I think there will be a focus on earth tones, pastels and berry colors. I’ll be looking for gold accessories to add to our markets as well.
- Art & Photography: I’m interested to see more graphic art and am hoping to discover more dimensional art and photography.
- Pillows: I’m really looking forward to seeing new patterns and designs from new pillow collections from some of our favorite lines we carry.
- Doug Frates: As always Doug Frates creates unique art glass that we proudly carry and I can’t wait for the new art glass introductions. Here’s a first look…
- Fabrics: Upholstery is my expertise so I am definitely looking forward to seeing the textiles from our fabric upholstery lines and what new colors, patterns, textures, and combinations they are introducing.
- Leather: There are various differences in all of the brands’ leather pieces showcased at the High Point Market, in terms of style, design, details, stitching, and accents, and I am eager to see the new designs and styles from some of the lines we love, like Gamma, one of our high-end Italian lines. Here’s a sneak peek at one of Gamma’s new pieces from their Dandy Collection designed by Guiseppe Vigano…
Follow Gayla and Crystal: Make sure to check back on the blog as we follow our buyers at the High Point Market. You can also find us on Pinterest! We’ve created a special High Point Market 2014 Board where we’ll be showcasing Gayla and Crystal’s favorite looks and on-trend products. Be your own trendsetter by “liking” and “repining” your favorite selections!
Fun Fact: The High Point Market was originally called the “Southern Furniture Market.” It was first held in High Point and neighboring Thomasville in 1909 and it was only until 1989 that the “Southern Furniture Market” changed its name to the “International Home Furnishings Market.”
HP Market Trivia:
- The Hight Point Market is the largest furnishings industry trade show in the world
- Brings more than 75,000 people to High Point every six months
- Consists of 180 buildings
- Includes more than 2000 exhibitors with 11.5 million square feet of show space