- 1/2 cup julienned cornichons, plus 1 tablespoon pickling liquid
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion, such as Vidalia
- 6 tablespoons thinly sliced sweet-hot red peppers, such as Peppadew
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 baguettes, ends trimmed
- 6 hot dogs (preferably nitrate-free)
- Safflower oil, for grill
- Combine cornichons and liquid, onion, and peppers. Let relish sit 30 minutes, or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
- Stir together mayonnaise and mustard, and refrigerate if not using immediately.
- Slice baguettes horizontally but not all the way through so they open like a book (or a hot dog bun). Cut each baguette into pieces the same length as hot dogs.
- Heat grill to medium-high, and brush grates with oil. Grill bread, cut side down, until just lightly charred, 1 to 2 minutes, then wrap in foil to keep warm. Grill hot dogs until lightly charred on all sides and warmed through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Spread inside of bread with mayonnaise mixture, and place a hot dog in each. Spoon relish over top.
Follow Martha Stewart on Pinterest to discover even more delectable dishes and recipes!
Photo by Johnny Miller