- 2 bottles dry white wine (Sauvignon Blanc is good)
- 1 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup berry-flavored vodka
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (see tips below)
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 1/2 cups hulled and sliced strawberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple chunks
- Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher (suggestion: Happy Hour Jug in a patriotic red!) and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- Serve well-chilled with a good scoop of fruit floating in each drink, or serve over ice.
Tips from Recipe Girl, Lori Lange:
- To make 1/2 cup simple syrup, boil 1/2 cup water and add 1/2 cup granulated white sugar. Turn heat to simmer and stir until dissolved. Turn off the heat and let cool.
- Use fresh fruit for this recipe. Frozen just won’t be great.
- To make star-shaped pineapple pieces, cut long & wide pieces of pineapple off the side of the fresh fruit. Use a star cutter to cut shapes.
Lori Lange is a former elementary school teacher who traded the classroom for the kitchen when she founded the blog, Recipe Girl in 2006, which houses over 2,700 original and adapted recipes.Learn more about Lori and Recipe Girl