- thinly sliced red onion
- cotija or feta cheese (omit if vegan or raw)
- avocado cubes
- mint and/or basil
- sprouts or small salad greens
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- ½ jalapeno, sliced
- optional – 1 clove of garlic, smashed (remove it before using)
- salt & pepper
- Whisk together the dressing, set aside.
- Cube your watermelon, add a few good pinches of salt & a squeeze of lime.
- Assemble the salad and drizzle on as much dressing as you like. (remember to remove that garlic piece). Store extra dressing at room temp for a day or so.
This delicious summer salad recipe is courtesy of the Austin-based couple, Jeannine and Jack Donofrio of Love & Lemons. Love & Lemons is an inspiring cooking blog with a strong focus on vegetarian recipes. The couple’s goal is to inspire readers, whether vegan, gluten-free or simply a lover of all great food, to get creative with vegetables by offering a few ideas about how to make vegetables exciting and delicious. Learn more about + discover additional Love & Lemons recipes
Photo by Jeannine and Jack Donofrio