“The effect of getting no sleep per night on your performance is similar to consuming seven 500ml bottles of beer.” -Dr. Neil Stanley
In celebration of the one year anniversary of the Cantoni Sleep Studio, Dr. Neil Stanley conducted a workshop where he discussed the importance of sleep as well as provided helpful tips on how to get a better night’s sleep with our new collection of luxury beds from industry leader Vi-Spring, coveted for its comfort by royalty around the globe.
For those of you who weren’t able to attend the event, we’ve got you covered! We gathered some great tips to help you get a better night’s sleep straight from Dr. Neil Stanley himself!
10 Tips for the Best Sleep!
- Prioritize the quality of your sleep. It is as essential as your exercise routine or a healthy meal.
- Find your perfect balance. Not all of us require eight hours’ sleep a night; work out the level of rest you need.
- Keep to a regular routine. Going to bed at the same time each night will program your body for sleep.
- Invest in a good bed. A truly comfortable bed will provide deep, reviving sleep every night.
- Give yourself space. Buy the biggest bed your room can accommodate so that you can luxuriate in an undisturbed night’s rest.
- Spend time in the daylight. The sun lets your brain know it’s time to be awake, while the switch to darkness at night prompts a feeling of sleepiness.
- Be active and engaged. Physical and mental exercise during the day will help you to sleep better at night.
- Ease down your evenings. Too much stimulation before bed–from alcohol, nicotine, caffeine or activity can stop you sleeping.
- Unwind your way. A relaxed body and mind will prepare you for sleep. Find a bedtime routine that helps you to unwind easily.
- Create the right atmosphere. Darkness, quiet and the ideal temperature help you to fall and stay asleep.
For more helpful sleep tips and interesting facts from Dr. Neil Stanley, follow him on Twitter @ViSpringTips