Yesterday many of us set our clocks back one hour for Daylight Saving Time, which means it’s official, the days are getting shorter and the nights are getting longer. Light your way through the dark nights with cozy and stylish lighting from floor lamps, to table lamps, to ceiling lamps and pendants.
We’ve compiled our customers’ favorite modern and contemporary lighting options from Cantoni to spark some inspiration!
5 fun facts you may not know about Daylight Saving Time via History.com!
- It’s “Daylight Saving Time” NOT “Daylight Savings Time.” Since the word “saving” acts as part of an adjective rather than a verb, the singular is grammatically correct.
- Germany was the first country to enact Daylight Saving Time.
- Although many Daylight Saving advocates tout that energy conservation is a result of Daylight Saving Time, there is no conclusive evidence to the statement.
- Though in favor of maximizing daylight waking hours, Benjamin Franklin did not originate the idea of moving clocks forward.
- Hawaii and Arizona do not acknowledge Daylight Saving Time.
Although we may not all agree on the purpose of Daylight Saving Time, hopefully we can agree that lamps are a great way to add warmth and coziness to your home’s interiors during those dark fall and winter evenings. Browse some of our modern and contemporary lighting options online here!
Please note that not all lighting options listed above are available for online purchase, due to their delicate nature, but can be seen and/or purchased at any of our store locations. To get more information about the carefully crafted lighting solutions Cantoni carries, please email us here or call us at 1.877.881.9191.