Cantoni designers Josh DeLaFuente and Elizabeth Lewis know a thing or two about how to move a listing. Their latest design at luxury high-rise building, Museum Tower sold in just 12 days after they worked their magic.
Transforming the vacant house into an inviting home with an eclectic mix of modern furnishings, art and accessories, the dynamic duo created a cohesive design to entice prospective buyers.
With the spring selling season in full swing, we asked the staging gurus to share their tips for creating an instantly irresistible home. So whether you’re looking to sell or simply spruce up your space, here are few ideas for you:
- Neutralize and brighten. A fresh coat of paint on your walls can work wonders. Choose a neutral palette for your main furnishings and your walls. Add personality and incorporate color with bold artwork and sculptural accessories, throw pillows or even a statement chair.
- Less is More. Clear away the clutter and keep it simple. Too many accessories can feel overwhelming to both buyers and your houseguests. Take a look around and toss everything you don’t want, don’t need and don’t like – especially the little stuff.
- Define the space. With an open floor plan, it can be hard to envision how the space can be best utilized. Create an inviting living room by placing chairs and sofas into cozy conversational groups facing into the room. Add a rug to warm the area and connect all the furnishings.
- Set the Mood. Lighting is everything. Place table and floor lamps at different heights around the room. Hang a statement chandelier over your dining table for a high drama effect. Light a candle with a universal scent.
- Bring the outdoors in. Plants and flowers make people happy. Low maintenance beauties like succulents and white orchids add freshness and a sense of calm to any room.
- Maximize your home’s functionality. Repurpose rarely used rooms and spaces to add value to your home and your daily life. Whether it’s an entryway turned into gallery space or an extra bedroom that serves as a home office or meditation room, be willing to think out of the box.
For those of you in the market, check out our home staging services here and schedule a consultation to discuss how we can stage your property to sell.
Photography by David DeLeon