Got a bad case of the Monday blues? Could have something to do with Daylight Saving Time. Yesterday, many of us set our clocks forward one hour, therefore losing an hour of precious sleep. It’s often during the changing of the clocks that we are reminded how important our sleep is to our health and survival.
John Shaw, Cantoni Sleep Director is constantly reminding us how “sleeping well is the cornerstone to good health [and in fact] poor sleeping has been linked to heart disease, heart attacks, diabetes, and obesity.” In light of this bi-annual time change and in support of National Sleep Awareness Week, we’re sharing 5 tips to help you spring forward into a better night’s sleep.
- Here’s your golden opportunity to commit to being more active. Physical and mental exercise during the day will actually help you to sleep better at night.
- Ease down your evenings by avoiding caffeine and alcohol.
- Soak up some sun and take advantage of the longer sun-filled afternoons! Vitamin D nutrients from the sunlight is key to regulating your sleep cycle.
- Keep to a regular routine by going to sleep at the same time each night. This will help to program your body for sleep.
- The last tip, but probably the most important of them all: Invest in a quality mattress. Uninterrupted sleep is key…consider a mattress that easily adapts to your personal shape, weight and temperature. Luckily for you, we offer a fine collection of luxury and high performance sleep systems.
Now that you’ve got these helpful tips to getting a better night’s sleep, let us tailor your perfect night’s sleep by helping you select the right mattress for you! Check out the Sleep by Cantoni line-up here, and be sure to schedule a “sleep consultation” with us, here!
Pssst, for those of you dreaming about the renowned Tempur-Pedic mattresses, now would be a great time to start shopping! Now through April 25, 2015, you can save up to 50% on select Tempur-Pedic Floor Models at Cantoni! Get all the info, here!